Homeworking , Nationwide
Business Intelligence Analyst
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: HOL00439
Business Intelligence Analyst
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst with strong Power BI experience to join our busy Data & BI team. You will have great interpersonal communication skills, as you will be constantly engaging with the business through various channels such as MS Teams and email, and you will need to liaise with our internal teams as well. The right person will work with our people to solve their data issues and deliver their reporting requirements.
Willmott Dixon has been on a transformational journey over the last few years. There has been a massive cultural shift towards agile and remote working. Our business has not only adopted, but also fully embraced new ways of working to strike a great work-life balance! This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City occasionally according to business requirements.
We are making a massive investment in Microsoft technologies. Our adoption of Azure services is providing an extensive pool of the latest development technologies for our teams.
If you aspire to work in an environment driven by the below human values and behaviours, Willmott Dixon is the place for you!
• Genuine and friendly
• Innovative and keen to improve
• Responsive to customer needs
And let’s not forget about our benefits package. We would recommend asking about Willmott Dixon’s Car Scheme and incentive scheme!
The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Analyst will include: -
• Understanding business data and be able to provide insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication.
• Understanding the challenges that business users face, and use your guidance and expertise to empower them to make data-based decisions
• Confidently delivering targeted and uncomplicated training in accordance with identified business needs
• Build and maintain good collaborative working relationships with both internal and external project stakeholders
• Proactively identify areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
You will need to have proven experience of:
• Excellent analytical skills, a keen eye for detail, and an ability to interpret data and make evidence-based recommendations
• Strong knowledge and experience of Power BI and its capabilities (visualisations, DAX, sharing reports, how to access data, basic data modelling, Power Query and data transformation)
• Proactively liaising with people in both technical and non-technical ways
• Building strong internal and external relationships using excellent communication skills
• TSQL knowledge
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• ITIL Foundation
• Relevant qualifications in statistical and analytical skills, such as maths or computer science.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
No agencies please.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!