Letchworth Garden City , Hertfordshire
Group Finance Team – Management Accountant
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: HOL00169
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK’s first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
About the role
This role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the Group’s operating business units and as a Group Management Accountant you will act as the main finance contact for two or more individual business units, with an emphasis on providing a first class service to our internal customers.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide concise, accurate, ‘realtime’ information cost effectively and with minimum input from business units.
- Act as the key point of contact for two or more of the Group’s Local Construction offices (LCOs), taking full ownership and responsibility for all associated tasks.
- Provide first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
- Play a key role in month end management reporting to the Board.
- Ensure all tasks are completed by the required deadline.
- Ensure that the capital employed system accurately reflects the true capital employed position of each cost centre within the group.
- Discuss with your line manager or Financial Controller all events that may affect group or LCO reporting.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of VAT and how it is applied in the construction industry.
- As required assist IT in the development or enhancement of key finance systems.
- Deliver supportive communication to business unit and Finance Team staff.
- Ensure exceptional value for money from the Accounting Team.
- Be objective and impartial investigating problems throughout the Finance Team, and proactive in recommending solutions.
- Use initiative to solve problems and make improvements to current processes.
- Continually refine systems and procedures throughout the Finance Team and eliminate any which add insufficient value.
- Minimise (and wherever possible eliminate) administration and paperwork.
- Ensure that sensitive information remains totally confidential.
- Be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Excellent Academic record.
- You will be a recently qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA).
- Previous experience of month end management accounting and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working in the Construction industry
- Use of CODA
- Satisfaction survey scores from the main board, executive and business unit managing directors.
- Timely production of accurate management and statutory information.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.