Nationwide , Nationwide
Business Intelligence Developer
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: HOL00324
Business Intelligence Developer
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our busy in-house application services team. Although the team is Letchworth based, this role can also be done remotely.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
• Genuine and friendly
• Innovative and keen to improve
• Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Data and BI team? It means that they get the opportunity to continue to grow and develop their BI skills and get to use some of the latest BI tools that are out there. Having recently migrated to Azure, we are currently understanding which Azure services will best suit our business needs and we are committed to rolling out Power BI so that all of our people have the opportunity to visualise our data and share insights across the organisation.
And we are not just looking for a technical whizz that spends hours tapping away at a keyboard staring at a monitor all day. Within this role we will give you the opportunity to directly engage with your customers to understand their requirements and to present your solutions to them. We need people who will be happy to deal with stakeholders in person, over the phone or via Microsoft Teams to give them an outstanding customer experience - this is an important part of our team culture.
You will be an experienced BI Developer with good knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS / SSRS / SSAS) ideally along with experience of some of the Azure data services. Experience with Power BI is essential and we would expect you to have a good understanding of some of the core BI principles and methodologies.
The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: -
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements to deliver high quality and accurate analysis to our business
- Build on our existing data platform to integrate new requirements and scale out the data platform following best practice
- To offer an holistic view of data across the Willmott Dixon estate and give guidance to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to application and reporting database structure when required
- Structure data models to support the analysis required by the business
- To have experience in and to understand BI products, methods and processes (preference for Power BI and SSRS or Business Objects, but not essential)
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
- Carry out all assignments and projects in a manner that adheres to and complies to application services processes
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Microsoft analytics and BI technologies across Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes, Databricks, Azure Synapse and Power BI
- Design and development of data modelling and data warehouses (Tabular data models)
- Design of relational database schema.
- Use of MS SQL database technologies.
- Using Azure Devops in a collaborative project delivery environment utilising methodologies such as Agile (scrum).
- SQL and T-SQL development experience
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources.
- Working within a matrix management structure.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non Technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
Qualifications and Membership
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Testing Techniques
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
- Genuine & friendly
- Innovative & keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
No agencies please.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by 5th place in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For – better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for ‘Investing In People’.
We hold two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!