City of London , London
Reference number: INT00256
We are now looking to recruit a Director (Delivery) based in Farringdon, London. As a Director at Willmott Dixon Interiors you will be responsible for leading the delivery team and to deliver all projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations.
We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver an industry leading service for our customers.
As such you will need an extremely collaborative approach, taking time to build relationships and gain an in-depth understanding of our customers’ aspirations, project goals and potential project challenges, to ensure we respond in a way that means everything we complete surpasses expectations and delivers wide and enhanced benefits across the areas that really matter.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too – Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
Are you an innovator? We are not afraid to think big and embrace innovative digital design, along with manufacturing approaches, to make sure we deliver a better, stronger and more personal offer and exceed our customers’ expectations.
At Willmott Dixon Interiors we are committed to shaping society and leaving a positive impact in a sustainable and responsible way, through the work we do every day. Our aim is to assist our customers and place sustainability at the heart of every project we work on. This passion starts from the top.
Our Director (Delivery) responsibilities include:
Leadership and managing diverse teams to keep them motivated with a clear direction.
Promoting and maintaining the highest standard of health, safety and environmental management.
To be one point of contact for our customers and take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of a project from the moment we engage with a customer on a project through to completion.
Ensuring project strategies are in place to achieve the company's sustainability objectives.
Ensure strategies are in place to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
Develop, nurture and manage supply chain relationships.
Ensure the principles of the considerate constructor's scheme are adopted.
Ensure robust strategies are developed and maintained for the delivery of projects. Challenge and interrogate reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required. Ensure projects are delivered on time.
Set and agree challenging and realistic budgets and ensure delivery to those budgets.
Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
Lead and motivate the delivery team and ensure its balance and shape to deliver workload profile.
Recruit, reward, retain and develop the best people.
Maintain continuous personal development to ensure appropriate technical awareness of both yourself and your Team. Develop maximise potential of team members.
Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
Ensure robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
Ensure preconstruction activities are properly supported operationally, Liaise with Preconstruction Director regarding the future workload profile.
Share best practice and drive continuous improvement.
What is the benefit of joining Willmott Dixon…?
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- MCIOB/MRICS or equivalent professional qualification.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
Technical or Operational
Proven experience of:
- A track record of successful delivery of multiple projects.
- A track record of resolving technical, operational and contractual issues and/ or disputes.
- A variety of construction operations.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc, Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
Proven experience of:
- Reading and accurately, interpreting contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
Proven experience of:
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Management of multiple projects being carried out in parallel.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
Proven experience of:
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s).
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player
- Is able to Influence and inspire
- Has a growth mindset
- Excellent listening skills
- Is able to Problem solve
- Is positive & proactive
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
- Is innovative/creative/open minded
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Is people focused
- Is driven/motivated
- Is organised/detailed
Sound like you? If so, come and join our Willmott Dixon Interiors team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.