Farringdon , London
Reference number: INT00139
Willmott Dixon Interiors is currently recruiting for a Principal Surveyor.
As a Principal Surveyor you will be managing project and senior surveyors and supporting the Commercial Manager and Operations Manager by providing commercial expertise and management of surveying staff to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our clients' expectations. You would typically commercially over see 1 or 2 projects based in London. Standard project values are £10million-£30million refurbishments.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Our project division work on a wide variety of projects including; Commercial Cat A and Cat B fit outs, Healthcare, Educational, Retail, Leisure and Hotels.
If you are not professionally qualified but aspire to be so we will fully support either your APC to become RICS or an application to become a CIOB member. We have in-house supervisors and assessors to help along this path.
Willmott Dixon Interiors is a profitable part of the Willmott Dixon Group of companies and we think it is a fantastic place to work and fulfil your potential. We are customer focused business and as one of the largest privately owned construction company we retain a strong team ethic and values. We hope to offer you a career of a lifetime! We have recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2019) to work for.
While we offer the talent and flexibility to respond to market trends, we are also backed by the financial stability of the Willmott Dixon Group.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- A full successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects.
- Managing staff on multiple projects.
- Efficient use of resources.
- A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and understanding.
- Providing feedback for new and effective systems and controls for the business.
- Demonstrating a track record of people management.
- Promoting change and Group initiatives and assisting in its implementation in the business.
- Good level of education to include 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above, A Levels.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Construction related degree.
- Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS.
- A good level of experience in dispute resolution and contract administration.
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- consider the impact of your own actions on others,
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks,
- understand people’s needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people’s energy towards a common goal,
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary,
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge,
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation,
- understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.