Manchester , North West
Senior Design Manager
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01006
Ranked as the 4th Best Company to Work for by the Sunday Times in 2019, Willmott Dixon is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development. With this, we believe we offer a career of a lifetime and regularly celebrate our people's long service.
With flexible working opportunities available, we are now recruiting for a Senior Design Manager with a residential background to be based out of our Oldham office. We are looking for someone who will naturally align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture. The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the outputs of all designers meet all technical and commercial requirements within each project providing management and direction to design management staff. Reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, the successful candidate will manage the design process and promote integration of disciplines, as well as carrying out their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives and always keeping a focus on the customers why.
Essential and desirable criteria
- To have proven experience of contracting
- To have experience of various forms of construction technology
- To have an understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
- A proven experience of managing of multiple projects or projects of a complex nature or high value
- Experience of interpretation of project documentation and developing appropriate strategies
- To have experience of ensuring project team(s) understanding of project deliverables
- A minimum relevant level 4 qualification (ONC / NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Valid driving licence
- Navigation experience of design package software
- Working towards MCIOB
- Construction related degree
- Experience of working in project teams
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties and redirect people’s energy towards a common goal.
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding.
- Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers.
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working