Coleshill , West Midlands
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON00874
We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development, we believe we offer a career of a lifetime!
Ranked as the 4th Best Company To Work For by the Sunday Times in 2019, Willmott Dixon are driven by quality and customer service and to this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values. We are now looking to expand our team in Birmingham with an experienced Senior Estimator that will align themselves with our values.
As a Senior Estimator it is important to deliver the right net cost, on time, to the highest quality and accuracy. You will have worked on a range of projects and project values for a main contractor.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
- To manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen
- To identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process
- To identify risks and opportunities
- To price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs
- To lead the supply chain enquiry process
- To produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team
- To conduct their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives
- To complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM 7 for all trades
- To lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic
Essential and desirable criteria
Proven experience of:
Technical or Operational:
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
- Various construction methods
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc, Excel, Word, Outlook and Project
- Using Conquest Estimating system or similar
- Taking off quantities up to SMM 7
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Understanding and appropriately allocating bills of quantities
- Understanding site requirements in respect of preliminaries
- Reading, understanding and accurately interpreting client briefing documents
- Proactively identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process
- Playing a leading role which positively contributes to a team
- Proactively liaising with customers
- Interaction with customers
- Coordinating external supply chain resources
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.