City of London , London
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: INT00155
Willmott Dixon Interiors is now recruiting for a Senior Estimator to join our team, based it London. his is an exciting time to join a company ranked as the 4th Best Company to Work For in the UK by The Sunday Times. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development. With this, we believe we offer a career of a lifetime!
This position will see you manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process. In doing so you will price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs. You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to the delivery team and complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM 7 for agreed trades.
In return, we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Senior Estimator Objectives
- To undertake commercial activities with a high degree of acumen.
- To identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
- To identify risks and opportunities.
- To lead the supply chain enquiry process
- To produce a detailed control document at handover to the delivery team.
- To lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
Based in Farringdon, London and with a diverse and wide ranging mix of expertise and experience, Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide construction projects across the Commercial, Hotel, Leisure, Retail, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way. From structural refurbishments, to heritage buildings, or projects below £2million, we have the right people to deliver a project we can all feel truly proud of.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
- Have experience of various construction methods
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Good standard of mathematical ability
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc)
- Relevant degree
- Use the Conquest Estimating System or similar
- Experience of taking off quantities up to SMM 7
- Working towards MCIOB/RIC
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience with setbacks,
- State your position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.