Digital Media Centre
Blueprint mixed use scheme providing residential, office and leisure facilities
The commercial workspace was designed forstart up businesses, providing a range of additional facilities under one roof. It offers a solution to living, working and playing in one place. Facilities include two cinemas, 62 apartments, digital media gallery, café and exhibition space.
"We want businesses to be part of the Phoenix Square family, to make use of and enjoy our facilities, and to help ensure that Phoenix Square acts as a catalyst for job creation, the further deveiopmenf of the Cultural Quarter, and the continuing regeneration of the City and the County."
Ted Cassidy MBE, Chair of Phoenix Square
- Change from traditional clockwork to Metsec to improve the thermal properties
- Successfull coordination of seven storey service voids to achieve tight height room requirements
- Achieved critical funding milestone
- Successfully incorporated clients changes to enhance the building without affecting the programme or quality.
- Energy Performance Certificate rating - B (High)
- Solar PV panel to raise temperature of water for use by residential occupants.
"This is our chance to show our commitment to delivering quality, design and sustainability. One of our main focuses is to give people the wow" factor as they walk in and great care has been taken to this attention fo derail. We wanted to demonstrate that we can not only talk about sustainability, but we can also deliver practical energy saving and environmentally friendly solutions."
Peter Connolly, Development Director of Blueprint
- Cultural building fusing together an independent arts cinema, digital gallery, residential apartments, office studios and creative workspace
- The building places two main cinemas at its centre with the offices, workspaces and apartments wrapped around the perimeter
- Collaboration between Blueprint, Phoenix Arts, Leicester City Council to provide an example of 21st century sustainable building design
Ground Floor, Lock House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham
Tel: 0115 977 1322
Fax: 0115 979 7886