Creating a new flagship educational facility for the University of Birmingham
- 500-seater lecture theatre
- 10 seminar rooms
- Cutting-edge learning environment
Our team in Birmingham has been awarded another contract with the University of Birmingham to provide a purpose-built teaching and learning building at the Edgbaston Campus, adjacent to the new library and bordering the Green Heart space.
As a hub for education, the facility will provide a state-of-the-art teaching and social study space to support the modern learning experience at the University.
The building will be IT and audio visual-rich, with excellent access for students with a diverse range of needs and preferences. It will consist of:
- A 500-seater lecture theatre
- A 250-seater interactive lecture theatre
- 10 seminar rooms for 30 students at a time
- Learning spaces for up to hundreds of students, which will include areas for individual study, collaborative group work and creative break-out sessions
- A café
Peter Owen, managing director for Willmott Dixon in the Midlands said:
“It is fantastic to be working once again with the team at the University of Birmingham to provide a new cutting-edge facility for students and staff to enjoy. The new building will be a flagship educational facility for the University.”
This project is one of many others we have carried out in Birmingham, we have created The Green Heart, Old Gym and Data Centre
Completion is due in 2019.