National , National
Opportunities for Service Leavers
Reference number: HOL00236
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are a family run business with true family values that are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our ‘Why’ is to build lives less ordinary and to be the contractor of choice for our customers, our people and our supply chain partners.
Our business is our people and we have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable growth and success year after year, underlined by recently being awarded No 1 in the Best "Big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022. Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability – we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
Willmott Dixon recognises the potential that ex-Forces personnel can bring to our business. We believe that there are many overlaps between construction and the military which make it an attractive industry for ex-forces personnel and which allow for a smoother transition to ‘civvie street’.
Willmott Dixon already has a large number of ex-military people in the business who have successfully transitioned into construction and who have flexibly applied their skills to a wide range of roles. We are proud to have established an environment and culture in which out-of-industry skills and experience can be fully harnessed and further developed.
Some of the roles / disciplines that ex-Forces people are now working in within the business include:
• Bid Management
• Site / Project Management
• Quantity Surveying
• Supply Chain
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Quality Assurance
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
• A proven track record of the successful planning and delivery of projects and tasks
• Teamwork and an ability to lead and motivate teams
• The ability to deal with technical input
• An ability to think laterally and draw on experience to solve new problems
• An ability to work to deadlines and resilience under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• An ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an outstanding level of service
• Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes, inc. Excel, Word, and Outlook
The personal qualities that the successful candidate will have include:
• Model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and cooperation
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Reliable, dependable and conscientious to the team and to the company values
• A willingness to think differently and challenge the status quo
• A real desire to deliver outstanding results
• A can-do attitude
As an employee you will receive:
• Competitive salary
• Motor Expenditure Allowance
• Incentive scheme
• Private healthcare
• Travel expenses
• Laptop and phone
• Plus various additional benefits
Above everything else you will be joining a values-based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets. Above all, we believe we have a purpose beyond profit, a responsibility to leave a positive legacy in our environment and communities.
Please be aware that you are submitting your CV on a speculative basis therefore there may not be a suitable role available at the time of your application. Your details will be held in our military talent pool so that we can contact you should a relevant role become available.