Manchester , North West
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01029
With flexible working opportunities available, Willmott Dixon is now recruiting a Planner to join our team in Manchester. Ranked as the 4th Best Company to Work For by the Sunday Times in 2019, we are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development. With this, we believe we can offer you the career of a lifetime!
Supporting both the preconstruction and operations teams, the main role of a Planner/Planning Engineer at Willmott Dixon is to complete the planning process with a high degree of commercial acumen and skill, whilst producing tender plans and programmes that are precise and informative.
In doing so you will be preparing tender planning reports that highlight key planning and programming elements of the project. Whilst having an approach that actively seeks opportunities for innovation during preparation, you will also be responsible for the preparation of informed tender programmes that utilise known outputs and sequences.
In return we provide you with a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
We operate in but not limited to the following sectors (Refurbishment and New Build):
- Blue Light
- Education (including higher and further education)
- Law & Order
- Health care
Essential and desirable criteria
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Experience of accurate programming and sequencing from outputs
- Understanding of construction technology and methods including steel structures, concrete frames, timber frames etc
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings, specification and other construction information
- Experience of working with supply chain and having interaction with customers and communities
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Appropriate membership of relevant professional body
- Valid driving licence
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people’s energy towards a common goal.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.