Ofsted outstanding academy part of the Skinners' family of schools
- Latest addition to the Skinners' family of schools
- Our team worked in live environment
- Provided four separate learning spaces
- One of the best schools in Kent
The Skinners' Kent Academy was established in 2009 from Tunbridge Wells High School and is consistently ranked as a high achieving school by Ofsted.
It operated from the original buildings of the predecessor Tunbridge Wells High School and the sponsor needed an updated a facility that would evoke “a pride in the school’s success” and celebrate the school's specialism of science and engineering.
Multi-functional learning space
Our Kent-based team delivered the new three storey secondary academy with four zones that provide a variety of personalised learning space internally and externally. Additional works involved re-modelling three separate areas of the site, and refurbishing the existing sports hall to create a state-of-the-art facility to cater for the 1,150 students, specialising in Science and Engineering.
We were appointed by Kent for our track-record and pedigree in building schools which is unmatched in the country. The council needed our expertise to meet a number of key criteria, including:
- Blur boundaries between faculties and specialism
- Capturing the vision “Pride in our Success” within the design
- Integrating three separate sites into one learning campus
- School to remain in occupation throughout
- Integration and upgrading of existing sports hall
- Highways works necessary for scheme but not in budget
- Integrating dining, assembly and performing arts.
This was just one of a series of projects we've built in Kent that has created better facilities for thousands of young people to learn and thrive.