M4 Corridor , South East
Quality Delivery Manager
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01380
Quality Delivery Manager
Willmott Dixon is currently seeking a Quality Delivery Manager to work on construction projects based in South East/Central South England. Reporting to the Senior Quality Manager, the successful candidate will drive a “right first-time” culture within the business and supply chain in order to deliver defect free handovers and delight our customers on every project.
We’re looking for someone that has strong technical knowledge with the ability to easily translate that to others, driving a culture of sharing and understanding lessons learnt. You will need to be self motivated with the ability to manage your own time.
Your role in helping the business to hand over the perfect product every time would involve understanding the project programmes and where there may be quality risks and visiting sites at key times; ensuring we’re holding our Supply Chain Partners to account for delivering the perfect product and ensuring that lessons learnt are shared back into the business to the right people at the right time.
Our Operations Directors, Managers and Site teams own and drive quality on their projects and we want someone that can work alongside all of our teams sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review tender documents and report on quality risks, highlight applicable quality alerts
- Support work winning by providing written responses on quality development where required.
- Provide support to Design Managers and Designers to ensure projects do not start without possession of the appropriate design.
- As above with the aim of engaging with our Cat A suppliers and manufacturers to put quality at the forefront of all procurement decisions.
- Audit Project Quality Plans and ensure that quality delivery feedback generated through the tender period is incorporated into the plan.
- Ensure that Project Quality Plans are in place and signed off in a timely manner.
- Check that the site team have scheduled out the appropriate quality delivery Make Ready and quality delivery Checklists.
- Ensure that document control is being implemented and properly managed.
- Ensure that there is an efficient process in place for managing the clearance of defects in a timely manner such that defect free handovers are achieved.
- Carry out regular site audits across the business to ensure that it is proceeding in accordance with the Quality Plan and Quality delivery process. In particular, check;
- The Plan is being managed in line with the programme of works
- Defects are being recorded, cleared and signed off within suitable time scale
- The works are being installed in accordance with the contract requirements
- The works are suitable protected
- Carry out regular inspections on all projects across the business in order to assist the team with identifying defects or potential defects.
- Raise awareness and support the creation of a defect free culture.
- Support the project teams in arranging for technical training and quality inspections where appropriate.
- Liaise with and support the Systems Compliance Manager with compliance checks and audits.
- Work with the Customer Care team gathering information on post completion defects for feeding back into the Preconstruction and Operations teams.
- Work with the directors to arrange for a post contract review and ensure all quality related items raised at the review are fed back as above.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- Appropriate and current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Ability to accurately read construction programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Use of Microsoft programmes; ie Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- In-depth experience and high-level knowledge of quality.
- Detailed understanding of all construction packages and methods of installation.
- Ability to research all methods and products, to ensure work is being carried out correctly.
- Appreciation of Supply Chain Partners and Suppliers and their influence upon the quality of the end product.
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- Working towards MCIOB
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile and flexible working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.