Hampshire and Dorset , South West
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01499
Willmott Dixon are seeking an experienced Site Manager to join our Central South region working on an exciting new £10m project based in Dorset.
Reporting to the Project Manager the successful candidate will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
As a Site Manager at Willmott Dixon, the key responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
• Implementing project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
• Establishing quality standards on site and ensuring delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
• Understanding the customer priorities and adopting a professional and considerate approach to maintaining good working relations.
• Adopting the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and managing community relations.
• Producing and developing project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
• Managing the project handover and ensuring defect / snag free completion.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Essential skills required:
• Proven track record of successful delivery of construction projects.
• Use of Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
• The ability to read and accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
• Ongoing day to day management of supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
• Excellent communication skills
• Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
• Appropriate CSCS card.
• SMSTS certificate.
• First Aid at Work certificate.
• Valid driving licence.
Desirable skills required:
• Can do attitude and growth mindset
• Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile and flexible working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.