M4 Corridor , South East
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01384
Willmott Dixon are looking for an experienced Site Manager to join our Central South team working on an £11m residential project based in Oxford.
Reporting to the Construction Manager the successful candidate will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
As a Site Manager at Willmott Dixon the key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Implement project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Comply with standard procedures
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Use of Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to read and accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Managing the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.