City of London , London
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: INT00296
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Surveyor to join our fantastic specialist refurbishment team on a projects in London. Our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture are what make us different - take a look at our website to see if it will be the right place for you to have a career of a lifetime.
You will be responsible for the delivery of the project to meet its financial targets. You need to demonstrate good working knowledge of contract conditions, demonstrate the management of project risks, ability to foster productive relationships and can thrive in a fast paced environment.
Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide projects across the Commercial, Hotel, Secure Environment, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too – Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
The right attitude, positive strategic approach and being adaptable are highly sort after attributes for this role. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team.
Our office (when you need to go to it – how times have changed) is within easy reach of a number of stations: Blackfriars, Cannon Street, Farringdon, Fenchurch Street, Holborn, Liverpool Street and Waterloo and all the fantastic amenities, our customers and food destinations that part of London offers!
What is the benefit of joining Willmott Dixon?
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• A high level of organisation and achieving deadlines and delivering profitable projects.
• Quantity surveying technical knowledge and understanding.
• Understanding of JCT forms of contract ideally
• NEC contract experience would be desirable.
• Being able to manage and report on more than one project at a time.
• Providing feedback for new and effective systems and controls for the business.
• Positively reacting to change and assisting in its implementation in the business.
• A track record of successful procurement.
• Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
• Appropriate CSCS card.
• Construction related degree.
• Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS.
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
• Is a team player.
• Is able to Influence and inspire.
• Has a growth mindset.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Is able to Problem solve.
• Is positive & proactive.
• Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal.
• Is innovative/creative/open minded.
• Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
• Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve.
• Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible.
• Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
• Is people focused.
• Is driven/motivated.
• Is organised/detailed.
Sound like you? If so, come and join our Willmott Dixon Interiors team, and become a great ambassador of our business.In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.