Our business has been named Education Investor’s Constructor of the Year for the third successive time!
Judges explained why they give us the award:
Willmott Dixon completed 52 school projects with a further 36 on-going including the National College for High Speed Rail in Doncaster. This company has extensive experience in the education sector and has invested in improving their services. From their Build on Better initiative to Introduction to BIM Level 2 it is clear they are committed to continuous improvement and making the construction experience better for their clients. Their work on sustainability is also impressive.’
Since 2010 we have completed 337 new build or extensions school projects with a total value in excess of £1.5bn and are currently on site with another 47.
In the past five years alone we have delivered 30,000 new school places.
We have worked with well over half the local authorities across the country, in addition to dioceses, academy, UTC, UTS and free school operators.We are recognised as a top education contractor, present on most national and many local frameworks.
In 2015 we;
- Invested £2.5m in the communities we worked with
- Provided work experience opportunities for 549 young people
- Organised over 400 fund raising events for charity and 280 other community events
- Attended 48 careers fairs, interacting with 9,500 young people and giving one to one advice to over 600
- Arranged visits for over 3600 school children and students to our sites
- Mentored 976 young people.