Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with chief executive Rick Willmott being the fifth generation to lead our business.
We also like to think there's no better place to work, and this is underlined by coming 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Top 100 companies to work for - better than any other contractor. We were also listed at a top 50 employer in the Sunday Times 2020 guide to the best places for women to work.
Contributing to society
Being a large company means we can create a huge and lasting positive impact on our society. This is not only done through what we build and maintain; it’s achieved through the fantastic efforts of our people who make a major contribution to enhancing their local communities.
Each year we invest £2.5 million to improving the wellbeing of local communities. Group chief executive Rick Willmott:
"I am very proud that each year over 80% of our people get involved in community related activity. I believe passionately our company has a purpose beyond profit and, with its scale, a real opportunity to be a catalyst for positive change wherever we work. This is not only done through what we build and maintain; it’s achieved through the fantastic efforts of all our people who make a major contribution to enhancing their local communities.”
Our contribution to sustaining growth in communities was underlined by being the only company in our sector to win two Queen's Awards for Enterprise for sustainable development and promoting opportunity.
The core beliefs that support everything we do:
- Ethical - our people and operations meet the highest standards of conduct
- Sustainable - being a carbon neutral business is just one way we make sure our work supports the environment we all share
- Excellence - our culture, training and ethos is about making sure we have the best people in the industry to work with our clients
- Contributing - we want to make society a better place for all, and that includes investing over £2 million a year in community projects
- Quality - we are vigorous and determined that the output of our work is the highest standard available anywhere
"Sustainable development is in our DNA: we want to improve skills, enhance social cohesion and create new opportunities. We measure success by how we strengthen the fabric of communities benefiting from our projects."
Rick Willmott, Group Chief Executive